Monday, July 13, 2009

Ireland's Wonderful Beaches

What comes to mind when you think of Ireland? Lets both think, rain, greenery everywhere and small cars. However what the rest of the world doesn't think of is Ireland's wonderful summer beaches!

As we all know, Ireland isn't a place for much sunshine -- many days see dark clouds, lots of rain and people hiding behind four walls by a fireplace. This is true much of the year but if you're able head over to Ireland in their summer time! If you are as lucky as I have been for the last 30 days on the Ireland coast -- you may find yourself loving its expansive, white sand beaches.

Imagine walking to the beach and if you live any where near a beach you probably see people there all the time, but -- well in Ireland you find stretches of beach that no one has enjoyed in months. I can't tell you the honor this Southern California boy felt to enjoy the sun on untracked sand.

Portmarnock Strand, where I spent most of my time, was one of the most beautiful beaches I had been to in awhile! Okay yes the water was cold, come on its Ireland, but one of the most interesting things about this beach was that you could walk over hundred yards out in the water and still have the water be waist level, this was very strange concept for me...and an amazing adventure. the second most interesting thing was the way my feet felt on the beach, by this I mean that it felt like I was walking in a home with a hard wood floor that had been flooded...very strange but unique! To fully understand...you need to take a trip to Dublin and check it out...


-Cameron Walters - Intern, Hopeless Romantic, Die hard Swimmer

http://www.destinationwater.com/- A C Walters Intercoastal Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment